TaxBreak Launches “364 Veterans Campaign”
to Celebrate and Support Veterans Year Round
Two Easy Ways for Companies to Join the Initiative
GADSDEN, AL, NOVEMBER 12, 2015—TaxBreak—the nation’s premier employment-based tax credit recovery experts—today announced their “364 Veterans Campaign.” Designed to celebrate and support veterans beyond one holiday of recognition, the campaign spotlights tangible results to help veterans experience the American Dream. Through this campaign, TaxBreak is providing companies ways to become part of the solution by supporting Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC) and helping veterans find work.
Unemployment is a stark reality for most veterans. Did you know that…?
• Fifty-three percent of post 9/11 veterans have reported facing a period of unemployment.
• There are currently 450,000 veterans looking for work across the nation.
• An additional 140,000 military personnel will be released from duty and seeking employment sometime in the next year.
• 95 percent of these veterans actively pursue employment before exhausting their full 26 weeks of unemployment benefits. This is a testament to their strong work ethic and desire to be gainfully employed.
With the service provided to his or her country, no veteran should be forced to go on unemployment for short or long periods of time. The “364 Veterans Campaign” is designed to remind companies and our government that veterans need consideration every day of the year, not simply on Veteran’s Day.
As a company, you can support veterans in two ways. (Visit http://www.taxbreakllc.com/364VeteransCampaign for the details.)
1. Recruit and hire veterans at your company. Use some or all of the steps for hiring veterans we’ve outlined.
2. Encourage Congress to reinstate the WOTC Program that offers employers up to $9,600 per veteran hired. WOTC is a Federal tax credit for employers who hire individuals from >select target groups, e.g. veterans, who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment. Voice your support using the resources we’ve detailed.
“At TaxBreak we are forever indebted to those that serve our nation. We realize that support for them and their families must continue year round,” said Shannon Scott, CEO of TaxBreak. “We are encouraging everyone to show gratitude to our 21.1 million servicemen and women by actively participating in our two-step “364 Veterans Campaign.””
Veterans deserve the opportunity to prosper in the nation they have helped to defend. Please participate in TaxBreak’s “364 Veterans Campaign” by visiting http://www.taxbreakllc.com/364VeteransCampaign today.