To Our Valued Clients:
There are many steps to finalize your account in order to accurately prepare your year-end tax credit reports. This is a very busy time of year and we want to ensure that our clients are prepared and understand what our procedures are.
Our policy is to send tax reports when the following criteria have been met:
- All 2011 payroll must be received by TCPC by February 8, 2012; including January 2012. This is to ensure we capture any additional 2011 credits for those who reach hourly or days worked thresholds in January that provide for additional 2011 tax credit amounts.
- W-2’s from your business must be final (We do not need copies of your W-2’s)
- All past due invoices must be brought current
We process each client that meets these criteria in the order the payroll is received. Below are steps you can take to help us expedite the process:
- Ensure your account is brought current. Contact our Accounting Department if you have questions regarding your account status or any balance due.
- Ensure every month’s payroll has been submitted to TCPC for your 2011 tax year. Please call your Client Relationship Manager if you have questions regarding possible missing payroll files.
- Ensure timely submission of payroll for the month following the month your tax year ends. We process FIFO (First In, First Out), so please submit as soon as your January 2011 file is complete.
- Advise us immediately if you have had FEIN, location address or year-end date changes
- Advise us immediately if you plan to file for an extension along with your expected filing date. This will allow us to wait until closer to your filing date to report your credits and ensure we capture new credits that may be certified between now and then to maximize the credits claimed on your return.
If you have any questions, please contact your Client Relations Manager at 1.800.992.0163.
Tax Credit Processing Center